Saturday, June 20, 2015

End Of the Year Reflection

Dear class of 811,
         This year in ela, I've learned a lot and had accomplished many things. One of my most memorable times in ela was the poetry unit. I liked that we got to read unique contexts of poetry and learn their different styles. I especially will not forget the poem, 'please don't take my air jordans'. I also liked the fact that we got to listen to the authors read them on Ted, and the varied ways they stated their poems that made the poems more interesting. Another memory I had was Social Awareness Project. In that project, I got to express my true feelings about my religion culture and how sexist it could be. I also better related with the book, A Thousand Splendid Suns by
Khaled Hosseini. This book was the reason I chose my topic for the social awareness project. 
         After I graduate this year, I am looking forward to ela classes in high school. I want to explore more thoughts in sexism in my religion and read a little more poetry. I want to be a more flexible reader and be able to read all genres or most of them. I also hope to become a better writer. I like writing stories,about my new ideas and plots. But after a while, I get too bored and just leave the story unfinished. I want to be a more committed writer and finish my stories.

Summer Bookshelf
 
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
None of the Above by I. W. Gregorio
The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
Girl with Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier 
Paper Towns by John Green
Abundance of Katherines By John Green  

No comments:

Post a Comment